Front page slideshow
At SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, we believe in the transformative power of diversity. Since the founding of the Laboratory in 1962, inclusion of diverse thought has enabled our Laboratory to uncover new perspectives that generate innovative ideas, suggestions and methods.
SLAC is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to unite people of all races and ethnicities, national origins, genders, gender expressions, sexual orientations, parental statuses, educational backgrounds, intellectual perspectives, socioeconomic statuses, religions, abilities, and ages around our public science mission.
To facilitate full and equitable participation in our mission, both now and in the future, we must continue to build on our successes, seeking to remove present and historical barriers that hinder excellence for groups of employees who remain underrepresented in our workforce. We aim to keep learning and adapting to meet each new challenge.
In the News
- The DEI Office creates a Guide to the Bay Area to help new employees relocate
- The DEI Office expands SLAC Physicists and Engineers’ participation in industry conferences geared toward African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans and the LGBTQ+ Community
- Energy Grid of the Future keynote by SLAC Scientist, Sila Kiliccote at the 2017 IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference
- Greene Scholars Explore Science and Engineering at SLAC
- Ming Yi Awarded L'Oréal USA For Women in Science Fellowship