At SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, we believe in the transformative power of diversity. Since the founding of the Laboratory in 1962, inclusion of diverse thought has enabled our Laboratory to uncover new perspectives that generate innovative ideas, suggestions and methods.
SLAC is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. We focus on a set of qualities broader than race and gender and define diversity as including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
In the News
- Energy Grid of the Future keynote by SLAC Scientist, Sila Kiliccote at the 2017 IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference
- Using Science to Benefit Science at SLAC - AWIS Feature Article
- First Female Panofsky Fellow Named in 2016
- Greene Scholars Explore Science and Engineering at SLAC
- SLAC Shares Bias Mitigation Practices at 2016 Women in Technology International Conference
- Ming Yi Awarded L'Oréal USA For Women in Science Fellowship
- SLAC’s Helen Quinn to Receive 2016 Compton Medal